- Dumbrava Guesthouse, 12 km on the Cerna Valley.
- Roua de Munte Guesthouse
- Eden Guesthouse
- Magic Guesthouse
- One option is Camping Flora in Herculane, Castanilor nr. 29. The place is currently under renovation, therefore, we do not recommend it for the time being.
- Another option for where to install your tent is the glade. It is a pleasant place located next to the Dumbrava Guesthouse (km 12). The owner’s fee is 5 RON/tent.
- Unfortunately, we have yet to find any exceptionally good restaurants; however, there are many restaurants from which to choose.
- Prices are fairly inexpensive. It costs around 1 EUR for a beer, 3-4 EUR for a pizza, and 4-5 EUR for dinner.
- We frequently eat at the following places: Magic Guesthouse, La Johnny, and Lactobar (an old-school place that is a bit strange but has decent traditional food).
- Unfortunately, smoking is still allowed in every restaurant.
- There are no supermarkets in Herculane; however, there are plenty of small shops and a market with local organic food.
- This link shows the best fresh water source.
After visiting Herculane, please share your thoughts so other climbers can benefit from your experience.